- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
First aiders are an integral part of workplace safety. The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training.
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, to provide first aid in a range of emergency first aid situations. It is also ideal for people who have a specific responsibility to provide basic first aid in voluntary and community activities.
During this 1 day course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations, including: managing an unresponsive casualty, CPR, choking, shock, wounds and bleeding and minor injuries. For a more detailed overview of the topics covered, please download the Qualification Specification .
If a more comprehensive qualification is required, please refer to our First Aid at Work qualification.
4 x Practical assessments and 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
Successful learners will receive a personalised QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) e-Certificate immediately after their results have been submitted, subject to a Centre’s Direct Claims Status and any required actions. Printed certificates are available at an additional cost (please see our Fees and Charges list for details).
Learner Registration Fees
Price includes: Free Lesson Plan, PowerPoint Presentation, Practical Assessment Sheets, Multiple Choice Question Paper and a Guide to Assessing First Aid Qualifications.
Centres can save up to 12.5% on Learner Registrations with our tiered pricing system!
Funding status: Designated qualification with Qualifications in Wales.
- Become a Centre
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policies and Procedures
- Fees and Charges
- All Qualifications
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Annual Refresher) (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Combined Emergency First Aid at Work and Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (Annual Refresher) (RQF)
- Combined First Aid at Work and Paediatric First Aid
- QA Level 3 Award in Forestry First Aid +F (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support for Adults and Children (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in First Aid Essentials (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Oxygen (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in citizenAID (RQF)
- Qualsafe Level 1 Award in Introduction to Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF)
- Qualsafe First Response Emergency Care (Level 3 RQF)
- QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF)
- QA Level 5 Diploma in First Response Emergency and Urgent Care (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Diploma in Ambulance Emergency and Urgent Care Support (RQF)
- Qualsafe Level 4 Diploma for Associate Ambulance Practitioners (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Community First Response (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award for Community First Responders (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award for Emergency First Responders (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in the Safe Administration of Lifesaving Medication (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Medical Gases (RQF)
- QA Level 4 Award in Immediate Life Support (RQF)
- QA Level 4 Award in Mentoring Ambulance and Emergency Services Personnel (RQF)
- Qualsafe Level 3 Certificate in Emergency Response Ambulance Driving (RQF) (CERAD)
- Qualsafe Non-Emergency Patient Transport Support (Level 3 RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety (Refresher) (RQF)
- Qualsafe Food Allergen Awareness (Level 2 RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Retail (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
- QA Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Moving People Safely (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (RQF)
- QA Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Working at Height (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)
- Qualsafe Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
- Qualsafe Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF)
- QA Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (RQF)
- QA Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- QA Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention and Control (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Safe Handling and Administration of Medication (RQF)
- Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF)
- Qualsafe at Home
- Qualsafe Shop
- Qualsafe Academy
- Trainer and IQA E-learning
Qualsafe Award in Level 3 First Aid at Work (QCF) (3 days) Classroom Course
£ 189.00 + VAT Per Person
Duration: 3 days Ofqual Regulated Qualification by Qualsafe Awards: Yes Suggested progression: Requalification mandatory every 3 years
Take a look at our training schedule for all future QA Level 3 First Aid at Work open course dates.
What is the difference between our 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work Course and our 3 day Course?
1 DAY: The 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course (EFAW), covers the key life saving skills to deal with the emergency injuries and illnesses that can occur in the workplace. It covers CPR, AED use, choking, recovery position and cuts and wound management.
3 DAY: An upskill from the 1 day EFAW course which covers all the EFAW elements but with additional 2 days to explore other conditions more in-depth, such as head injuries, diabetes, anaphylaxis and heart conditions. This course will give the skills to deal with most eventualities.
Is your workplace prepared?
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid at work training.
However, having the correct first aid provision in the workplace is not just a legal requirement – it is incredibly important for the safety of all members of staff!
About the course
The QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) qualification is specifically designed for individuals who wish to act as a first aider in their workplace. Successful candidates will learn how to manage a range of injuries and illnesses that could occur at work and will be equipped with the essential skills needed to give emergency first aid. What’s more, as a regulated qualification, employers can book this course for their employees and rest assured that they have fulfilled their legal responsibilities for providing quality first aid training, without having to undertake any lengthy due diligence checks introduced in the recent HSE changes.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- The role andresponsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED use
- Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Head and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Wounds and bleeding
- Sprains, strains and dislocations
- Minor injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
Candidates will undertake multi-choice, theory and written assessments on days 1 and 3 of the course, the successful completion of which will result in the awarding of a QA Level 3 certificate in First Aid at Work (QCF) which is an Ofqual Regulated Qualification accredited by Qualsafe Awards.
Group prices are available on request.
First Aid Requirements Calculator
If you do not know how many First Aiders your require, please click on the First Aid requirements calculator picture below. This will allow you to simply and accurately calculate how many first aiders you need, and the level of training they require.
Take a look at our training schedule for more information about our forthcoming training.
What are Qualsafe Awards (QA)?
Book your course today.
So enquire now by filling out a contact form .
Alternatively you could email us at [email protected] , and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Working at Height (RQF) Course in Kent
FAA First Aid for Mental Health Online Courses
Testing and Management of Portable Appliances (PAT) Classroom Course. No longer available.
Qualsafe Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness (QCF) Classroom Course
Not looking for a course?
Not sure what you're looking for.
View all subjects and courses
Looking for the perfect course?
Use our course finder to search over 650 courses
Qualsafe First Aid at Work
- Find a course
- Health and Social Care
Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
Do you have the First Aiders you need within your workplace or school? Maybe you have too many, maybe you have too little.
- Wednesday, 02 November 2022
- Monday, 05 December 2022
- Monday, 16 January 2023
- Monday, 06 February 2023
- Wednesday, 08 March 2023
- Monday, 03 April 2023
- Wednesday, 03 May 2023
- Monday, 05 June 2023
- Monday, 03 July 2023
Do you have the First Aiders you need within your workplace or school? Maybe you have too many, maybe you have too little. To help you ensure you are employing the correct number of First Aiders within the workplace we have launched a First Aid calculator. This calculator will simply allow you to calculate how many First Aiders you need and the levels of training they require.
This qualification is based on the HSE training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with emergency situations.
The course will be delivered over three full days (six hours each day excluding breaks)
Please note: we can deliver this course for a group on your premises, or here at college, for up to 10 people for £1,050, and a maximum of 12 people for £1,100 (additional travel costs apply).
There are no formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
What will I study?
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
This course comprises of two mandatory units
Emergency First Aid in the Workplace.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty.
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding.
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries.
Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace.
- Conduct a secondary survey.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with a suspected chest injury.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness.
The course will be delivered through a flexible approach to teaching considering the learners speed and abilities, in learning style, to make the learning experience more interesting and enjoyable. This helps stimulate and maximise theological knowledge and practical application.
What can I do next?
Qualsafe first aid at work requalification, how will i be assessed.
The following are the methods of assessment for the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) qualification:
Practical assessments – these are observed by the trainer throughout the three-day course
There are six practical assessments:
- CPR and safe use of an AED
- Choking Casualty
- Unconscious Casualty
- Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Secondary Survey
- Management of Fractures
Theory Assessment – there are two multiple choice written assessment papers.
On success completion of the course candidates will be awarded the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Qualification, which is valid for a period of 3 years, within which time the learner will need to attend a two day First Aid at Work Requalification course to remain qualified.
For more information
For more information about this course, contact our specialist team on 01254 29 25 00 or email [email protected]
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass Rate Blackburn College Results August 2021
Emergency First Aid At Work Course
Emergency first aid at work courses – 1 day.
Our Qualsafe Awards accredited Emergency First Aid at Work Course is our comprehensive First Aid training course for those that work in low hazard environments (for example an office or shop) or where Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines indicate staff should hold a certificate in emergency first aid at work.
What Makes Our Offer Different
Our training is provided by ex-front line Army medics with 12 years real life experience. Our expert team will give you the confidence, knowledge and skills to be a successful first aider in the workplace. Our lead trainer with military combat medic experience has military commendations for bravery and top level commander awards . An authentic individual she is not just a trainer but brings real world inspirational experience to our programmes for our clients to benefit from. These are not just classroom chalk and talk trainers – they can walk the talk being real people with real life experiences to help learners.
We can also offer bespoke trade and job role specific training.
The Emergency First Aid at work is a 1 day course, mainly classroom based with both a theory and practical element. The practical assessment is continuous observation by the trainer with the theory done as a professional discussion. This limits the pressure of assessment environments.
We focus on likely events that could occur in your work place to make it as relevant as possible. We provide a realistic approach to First Aid with focus on how you can make a real difference in the workplace when the need arises.
No previous experience is required
The content of the course will cover how to deal with the following:
- Understanding your role and responsibilities
- Medical equipment within the work place
- Scene safety and management
- CPR for adult, child and infant
- Use of Defibrillation for adult and child
- Chocking on adult, infant and child
- Casualty communication
- Management of shock
- Health and safety regulations
- Unresponsive casualties
- Minor injuries and illnesses
How is the Course Delivered?
The course is delivered over 1 day.
We are a multi-award winning Company delivering training for nearly 20 years. As an established course provider, we are accredited with the awarding body Qualsafe Awards. This course is delivered by our experienced trainers who have extensive knowledge and experience in First Aid across numerous job roles.
This is optional, if you require in-house training there will be no charge for the certificate. If you would like a Qualsafe certificate it is an extra £10 per person.
£110 per person + VAT (Including cert)
This is up to you, it can be held at our residential training centre , we can come to you, or we can hire venues at a convenient location.
Other First Aid Courses Available
First Aid At Work | First Person On Scene | Paediatric First Aid Course | Mental Health First Aid | Administration of Medical Gases
- 03303 11 20 21
- [email protected]
Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (Level 3 RQF) – 2 Days
According to Mental Health Foundation, it is estimated that 1 in 6 people in the past week experienced a common mental health problem.
Understanding mental health in the workplace has never been more important.
The QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) qualification gives learners the confidence to help support mental health within their workplace.
This is a nationally recognised and regulated qualification, specifically designed for existing QA Centre IQAs. This qualification enables IQAs to develop their understanding of mental health issues in the workplace, as well as how best to support friends, relatives, and employees experiencing mental health issues.
Book your next course today.
Click below to book your next Qualsafe Academy course. Alternatively, you can contact a member of our dedicated team on 03303 11 20 21.
As a learner, you will develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence to actively promote positive mental health within your own workplace, making it the ideal qualification for mental health champions/first aiders, Human Resources, managers, supervisors, and team leaders.
During this 2-day course, you will also cover:
- Identifying characteristics and features of common mental health conditions
- The importance of your own wellbeing as a Mental Health First Aider
- Best practices for employers in relation to mental health in the workplace
- Supporting those experiencing mental health issues at work
During the course, our trainers will provide an engaging learning experience through the use of video, case studies, real-life examples of mental health issues, workbook activities, group discussions, and much more.
*What is a QA Centre IQA? Individuals that are part of an existing Qualsafe Awards training centre that possess an Internal Quality Assurance qualification. Learn more about how to become IQA-qualified here.
Things to consider before applying
Before applying for this course, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of training.
To find out more about our course entry requirements, please email us on [email protected] or call 0330 660 0899.
Please be aware that the contents covered in this qualification may be distressing for some individuals. If you are concerned that you may be affected by any of the course content, please contact Qualsafe Academy for further details.
Note: To remain an approved Mental Health First Aider in the Workplace, learners will need to update their QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) every 3 years.
Upon confirming your place on a mental health first aid course you will be sent a **FREE** learner pack which will include this complimentary course guide, workbook, and manual.
Not only will this book provide you with invaluable support, including interactive exercises, whilst in the classroom but it can also be used upon completing your course as a toolkit that will guide you in wide-ranging contexts where mental health and wellbeing support is required.
Enquire about our workbooks here
- Order Status
- Gift Certificates
Create an Account
0330 660 0599 †
My Account ()
There are no products in your basket.
Please try to submit your information again.
For further information about our personalised books service, simply complete the details below and a member of our team will be delighted to assist you.
Don't Miss Out
Before you go, why not sign up to receive the latest information and exclusive offers from Qualsafe.com?
- Practi range
- New Products
- Training Kits
- Training Aids
- First Aid Supplies
- Emergency Care
- Home -->