Celebrate our 20th anniversary with us and save 20% sitewide. Use code HAPPY20TH
Movie Quotes royalty-free images
3,363 movie quotes stock photos, vectors, and illustrations are available royalty-free. see movie quotes stock video clips.
PromoID:15487845056###Brand:APC###Zone:US###Channel:SITEWIDE###Sub-channel:###AID:NULL###Coupon:NULL###Offer:50% Off Canvas & Wood Mount###MSG:50% off Canvas & Wood Mount###CMS:banner
Wizard of oz text poster, remember to turn on the light, dude abides orange poster, bullitt poster 2, dude abides poster 1, spotting poster 2, north poster 2, shiny poster 1, north poster 1, big poster 1, dude abides poster 2, cultural learnings 2, blues poster 1, mockingbird, harry potter, club poster 1, club poster 2, you're tearing me apart lisa, the room, unchained poster 2, orange poster 2, old man watercolor, dogs poster 2, birdy poster 2, no old man poster 1, no old man poster 4, big poster 2, orange poster 1, our choices, blues poster 2, mark it zero poster 1, north poster 3, anchor poster 1, no old man poster 3, shiny poster 2, scar poster 2, there can be only one retro, laughter watercolor, dude abides purple poster, dogs poster 1, anchor poster 2.
- Topic "picture"
“I don't think in words; I think in pictures , in images .” Lance Henriksen
“You never see the hard days in a photo album, but those are the ones that get you from one happy snap shot to the next.” Raymond J. Barry - Mr. Leezak
“You pick it.... I stick it!” Flea - Tattoo Artist Carla Gugino - Rebecca Warner
“Cameras are simple tools designed to capture images . Images that tell us more about ourselves than we realize. They remind us of the long journey we’ve taken. The loved ones who traveled alongside of us. Those we lost along the way. And those waiting for us on the road ahead.” Brenda Strong - Mary Alice Young
“ Paint your own picture , Enola. Don't be thrown off course by other people. Especially men!” Helena Bonham Carter - Eudoria Holmes
“In my yellow room , sunflowers with purple eyes stand out on a yellow background; they bathe their stems in a yellow pot on a yellow table. In the corner of the painting, the signature of the painter: Vincent. And the yellow sun that passes through the yellow curtain of my room floods all this illumination with gold; and in the morning upon...” (continue) (continue reading) Oscar Isaac - Paul Gauguin
“- Gloria: You know what could've prevented all this, don't you? - Charles 'Chuck' Lane: No, what? - Gloria: Pictures . How could you make up characters if everyone you wrote about had to be photographed?” Linda Smith - Gloria Peter Sarsgaard - Charles 'Chuck' Lane
“Filmmaking is not about the tiny details. It's about the big picture .” Johnny Depp - Ed Wood
“- Shirley Blake: Who's that picture of? - James Loop Merritt: Oh. A girl I used to know. - Shirley Blake: She's a pretty lady. - James Loop Merritt: I used to think so. But it's not enough to be pretty on the outside. You've got to be pretty on the inside, too. - Shirley Blake: How can you be pretty in there? - James Loop Merritt: By thinking...” (continue) (continue reading) Shirley Temple - Shirley Blake James Dunn - James Loop Merritt
“If it's not in frame, it doesn't exist.” John Malkovich - Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau
“- Barney Ross: What's wrong with this picture ? - Lee Christmas: Everything.” Sylvester Stallone - Barney Ross Jason Statham - Lee Christmas
“Like... we see a picture of this young lady. But to the lady, are we just a picture of us? Did you ever think about that?” Will Ferrell - Steve Butabi
“- Frank Riley: Where'd you get a new picture ? - Faye Riley: It's not new. It's fixed. - Frank Riley: Fixed like new? - Faye Riley: They did a good job. - Frank Riley: Who did? - Faye Riley: I ain't saying. - Frank Riley: Goddamnit, Faye!” Hume Cronyn - Frank Riley Jessica Tandy - Faye Riley
“- Michael Cromwell: I should probably take some pictures of Mimi. - Richard Kempster: I can never have enough pictures of my kids . I have like, four hundred albums. I never look at them, but they exist... it's good, you know?” Tim Allen - Michael Cromwell Martin Hayter Short - Richard Kempster
“- Teacher : What the hell are you doing, Vincent? - Vincent: I wanted to get a picture of what it looks like. - Teacher : What... what looks like? - Vincent: People pledging allegence.” Anthony Chow - Teacher Vincent Kartheiser - Vincent
“- Bill Blazejowski: [picking up photo from desk ] Hey Chuck? Who is this? Your wife? - Chuck Lumley: Fiancée. - Bill Blazejowski: Nice frame!” Michael Keaton - Bill Blazejowski Henry Winkler - Chuck Lumley
“- Dino Velvet: You trust me to take your money , but not your picture ? - Tom Welles: Those are two different kinds of trust .” Peter Stormare - Dino Velvet Nicolas Cage - Tom Welles
“People on the street corners, they looked at this picture and they took hope . But it said we can win this war, are winning this war.” John Slattery - Bud Gerber
“- Norman Spencer: It's haunted. - Elena: No! Is it really? - Norman Spencer: Claire's hearing things. - Dr. Stan Powell: What? What are you hearing? - Claire Spencer: I don't know. I heard, eh, voices , whispering, and a picture fell.” Harrison Ford - Norman Spencer Wendy Crewson - Elena Ray Baker - Dr. Stan Powell Michelle Pfeiffer - Claire Spencer
“- Sonia Bern: Perhaps you don't fully comprehend. I have photographs, compromising photographs, live film of you, Miles Urquart, all my regulars - in this safe deposit box. You all know each other if that's any consolation . - Lord Drysdale: You've got photographs of me? You conniving cunt!” Sharon Maughan - Sonia Bern Rupert Frazer - Lord Drysdale
“Life is a great big canvas , and you should throw all the paint on it you can.” Danny Kaye
“- Marty Cantor: You tell O'Neil that you're looking for a girl, he gives you the pictures of a girl. He obliges you to get you off his back. And you believe him? - Jack Ryan: I didn't tell him I was looking for a girl, Marty.” J.E. Freeman - Marty Cantor Harrison Ford - Jack Ryan
“I found the Picasso. It wasn't easy. I was looking for a woman with a guitar and it was all cubes. It took me two hours to find her nose.” Woody Allen - CW Briggs
“- Adam Meiks: You never did tell me why it is you just keep that one picture of your mother in your office . - FBI Agent Wesley Doyle: My mother was murdered a couple days after that picture was taken. Butchered by some wacked-out killer like your dad . - Adam Meiks: Did they ever catch him? - FBI Agent Wesley Doyle: No.” Matthew McConaughey - Adam Meiks Powers Boothe - FBI Agent Wesley Doyle
“- Professor Quincy Adams Wagstaff: Baravelli, is this your picture ? - Baravelli: I don't think so. It no look like me.” Groucho Marx - Professor Quincy Adams Wagstaff Chico Marx - Baravelli
- ‹‹ previous
- next ››
MovieQuotes.com © 1998-2023 | All rights reserved
- Song Quotes
- Rumi Quotes
- Sports Quotes
- Change Quotes
- Morning Quotes
- Deep Quotes
- Work Quotes
- Running Quotes
- Quote of the Day
- Letting Go Quotes
- Achievement Quotes
- Relationship Quotes
- Having Fun Quotes
- Good Morning Quotes For Her
- Smile Quotes
- Blessed Quotes
- Anxiety Quotes
- Funny Quotes
- Beauty Quotes
- Hippie Quotes
- Addiction Quotes
- Quotes for Kids
- Education Quotes
- Love Quotes for Him
- Love Quotes For Her
- Encouraging Quotes
- Happy Birthday Quotes
- Short Inspirational Quotes
- Monday Motivation Quotes
- Wise Quotes
- Eyes Quotes
- Water Quotes
- Friday Quotes
- Military Quotes
- Goodbye Quotes
- Parents Quotes
- Comeback Quotes
- Graduation Quotes
- Granddaughter Quotes
- New Beginnings Quotes
- Domestic Violence Quotes
- Losing a Loved One Quotes
- Joker Quotes
- Movie Quotes
- Shrek Quotes
- Itachi Quotes
- Madara Quotes
- Macbeth Quotes
- Lion King Quotes
- Superhero Quotes
- The Office Quotes
- Beth Dutton Quotes
- Letterkenny Quotes
- Animal Farm Quotes
- Famous Movie Quotes
- Talladega Nights Quotes
- Tupac Quotes
- J. Cole Quotes
- Sun Tzu Quotes
- Socrates Quotes
- Mac Miller Quotes
- Juice WRLD Quotes
- Frida Kahlo Quotes
- Nipsey Hussle Quotes
- Mother Teresa Quotes
- Maya Angelou Quotes
- Explore All Quotes
- Best Life Advice
- Positive Affirmations
- Stop Expecting
- What Is The Point Of Life
- How To Do Hard Things
- Make Others Feel Special
- Optimistic People
- Stay Motivated
- Reaching Goals
- Types of Failure
- Intrinsic Motivation
- Increase Self Esteem
- Overcome Challenges
- Better Decision Making
- Questions To Ask Yourself
- When Life Doesn't Go As Planned
- See All Motivation
- Hard Work Beats Talent
- Make Things Happen
- Peace Of Mind
- How To Hustle
- Those Who Hustle
- Organize Your Day
- Social Issues
- Celebrate Success
- Servant Leadership
- Believe In Your Dreams
- Goal Oriented
- Meet People
- Academic Probation
- Tough Questions
- Getting Fired
- Dedication To Work
- Achieving Challenging Goals
- See All Career
- Motivational Books
- Inspirational Biographies
- Books For Athletes
- Books For Entrepreneurs
- Business Books
- Children Books
- Books About Improving Relationships
- Short Novels
- Personal Finance Books
- Best Inspirational Books
- Self-Help Books
- Best Spiritual Books
- Full Potential
- Books That Will Change Your Life
- Best Leadership Books
- College Student
- Spiritual Books
- See All Books
- Brain Exercises
- Reinvent Yourself
- Nourish Your Soul
- Chase Your Dreams
- I Have No Purpose
- Misunderstandings In Relationships
- Life Imitates Art
- Your Intelligence
- Making The Right Decision
- Negative Effects Of Social Media
- Responsible Person
- Build Confidence
- Why Does Life Suck
- Measure Of Success
- See All Progress
- Break Up Quotes
- Challenge Quotes
- Depression Quotes
- Instagram Bio Quotes
- Soul Searching Quotes
- Quotes on Life Lessons
- Quotes Celebrating Women
- Positive Thinking Quotes
- I Miss You Quotes
- Father-Daughter Quotes
- Remember The Titans Quotes
- Good Morning Quotes For Him
- Know Your Worth Quotes
- Funny Yearbook Quotes
- Life Advice
- Discover Your Purpose
- Believe in Your Dreams
- Write For Us
- Fact Checking
Everyday Power ⋅ Inspirational Quotes ⋅ 300+ Famous Movie Quotes From Your Favorite Characters
300+ Famous Movie Quotes From Your Favorite Characters
Whether it’s drama, action, or comedy, any lover of cinema can appreciate this collection of famous movie quotes.
Tell us which of the famous movies listed is your favorite in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
- Gangster quotes
- Talladega nights quotes
- Friday movie quotes
Research from the University of Southern California has found that individuals often use famous movie quotes to express their personality and identity.
This highlights their cultural relevance beyond the realm of entertainment.
What are the benefits of reading famous movie quotes?
Reading these famous movie quotes might just inspire you to watch the movies you haven’t seen.
There are some surprising benefits to watching movies!
Movies can be beneficial to personal development in several ways:
- Foreign language movies can be a great way to practice your skills if you are learning a new language
- Movies can also expose us to other cultures
- Some movies might provide you with the motivation to pursue your goals
Let these famous movie quotes inspire and motivate you!
Some of them will also make perfect captions or Facebook statuses .
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Famous movie quotes from your favorite characters
According to research from the University of Oxford, exposure to different cultural perspectives, such as those conveyed through famous movie quotes, can significantly enhance individuals’ empathy and understanding of others.
This suggests that they can be a means of building social connections and enhancing interpersonal relationships.
1. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by famous people .
2. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” – Fight Club, Tyler Durden
You will also enjoy our article on dumb dumber quotes .
3. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices. – Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
You will also enjoy our article on casablanca quotes .
4. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? – Movie “What a girl wants”
You will also enjoy our article on remember the titans quotes .
5. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, from The Lion King If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Lion King quotes from the iconic Disney movie.
You will also enjoy our article on top gun quotes .
6. ” If we didn’t do what we loved, we wouldn’t exist.” – Adonis, Creed II
You will also enjoy our article on christmas movie quotes .
7. “At some point you’ve got to decide for yourself who you gonna be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.” – Juan, Moonlight
You will also enjoy our article on grumpy old men quotes .
8. “You’re nothing to me until you’re everything.” – “American Hustle
You will also enjoy our article on orson welles quotes .
9. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. – From Moulin Rouge”
You will also enjoy our article on joe dirt quotes .
10. “Do, or do not. There is no “‘try'”. – Yoda
You will also enjoy our article on Spiderman quotes .
Watching films can be a thrilling experience that makes you cry, smile, relax, and even help you become aware of your fears.
Besides the entertainment value they bring, movies also help create awareness about various issues in society such as religious animosities and political intolerance.
Moreover, movies can be a great educational resource for students. They’re great for visual learners and they allow students to see life through different perspectives.
After searching the web here are some of the famous movie quotes we could find! We hope you’re inspired, motivated and entertained!
Also, check out these Matrix quotes that will really bake your noodle.
Famous movie quotes that will make your day
Research conducted by the University of Pennsylvania found that famous movie quotes can serve as a valuable tool for promoting creativity and inspiration.
This suggests that they can provide individuals with a source of imaginative thinking and innovation.
11. “I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw. I’m scared of what I did, of who I am…. and most of all, I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” – “Baby” in Dirty Dancing”
You will also enjoy our article on ghostbusters quotes .
12. “Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there. – Good Will Hunting (see more Good Will Hunting quotes )
You will also enjoy our article on rain man quotes .
13. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ferris Bueller quotes from the hit comedy.
You will also enjoy our article on conan the barbarian quotes .
14. “Remember those posters that said, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life”? Well, that’s true of every day but one…the day you die.” – American Beauty
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes 2 .
15. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever. – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
You will also enjoy our article on fire quotes .
16. “ Every man dies, not every man really lives.” – Braveheart
You will also enjoy our article on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind quotes .
17. “The truth is a matter of circumstances, it’s not all things to all people all the time.” – Captain America: The Winter Soldier If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Captain America quotes from popular Marvel movies.
You will also enjoy our article on Shrek quotes .
18. “I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you…stranger.” – The Dark Knight, The Joker
You will also enjoy our article on American Psycho quotes .
19. “ When you decide to be something, you can be it.” – Frank Costello, The Departed
You will also enjoy our article on Toy Story quotes .
20. “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. But if you give him a mask, he will tell you the truth.” – The Fifth Estate, Julian Assange
Have you seen these Die Hard quotes from the 80s action classic?
Famous movie quotes and lines
21. “ Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.” – Don Collier, Fury
You will also enjoy our article on The Hangover quotes .
22. “ When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it, always.” – Gandhi, Gandhi (1982)
You will also enjoy our article on Gladiator quotes .
23. “All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain.” – Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner
You will also enjoy our article on star wars quotes .
24. “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” Anthony Perkins, Psycho
You will also enjoy our article on Jessica Rabbit quotes .
25. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” – Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Dead Poets Society quotes to make you think differently.
You will also enjoy our article on airplane quotes .
26. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.” – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Shawshank Redemption quotes to give you hope in the darkest times.
You will also enjoy our article on Austin Powers quotes .
27. “Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it’s contained.” – President Snow, The Hunger Games If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of The Hunger Games quotes that will have you flashback to reading the books or watching the movies.
You will also enjoy our article on Dodgeball quotes .
28. “If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you’d be the first person in the history of the world.” – Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
You will also enjoy our article on darth vader quotes .
29. “Nobody’s perfect.” – Some Like It Hot
You will also enjoy our article on Step Brothers quotes .
30. “Now you’re looking for the secret, but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled.” – The Prestige
You will also enjoy our article on Pirates of the Caribbean quotes .
31. “To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people!” – A Fish Called Wanda
From the Marvel classics, make sure to read these Thanos quotes from the iconic character.
You will also enjoy our article on Men in Black quotes .
Famous movie quotes to brighten your day
32. “We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery.” – Charlie Chaplin , The Great Dictator
You will also enjoy our article on theatre quotes .
33. “There’s no place like home .” The Wizard of Oz
You will also enjoy our article on acting quotes .
34. “They may take our lives, but they will never take… our FREEDOM!” – Braveheart
You will also enjoy our article on introduction quotes .
35. Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda, Star Wars
You will also enjoy our article on Monty Python and the Holy Grail quotes .
36. Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does. – David Schwimmer, Kissing a Fool
You will also enjoy our article on Coming to America quotes .
37. Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. – Heath Ledger , 10 Things I Hate About You
You will also enjoy our article on Pulp Fiction quotes .
38. I don’t regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do. – Empire Records
You will also enjoy our article on Blind Side quotes .
39. My momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” – Forrest Gump
You will also enjoy our article on Rocky quotes .
40. Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period. – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Grinch quotes for the holidays and naysayers.
You will also enjoy our article on Samurai quotes.
Famous movie quotes to inspire you
41. To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.” – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
You will also enjoy our article on Moulin Rouge quotes .
42. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Lord of The Rings quotes from the iconic trilogy.
43. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Mario Puzo, The Godfather
You will also enjoy our article on Jack Sparrow quotes .
44. “Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
You will also enjoy our article on Lost Boys quotes .
45. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Maximus, Gladiator
You will also enjoy our article on smart quotes .
46. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace, Braveheart If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Braveheart quotes to help find your freedom.
You will also enjoy our article on Fifty Shades of Grey quotes .
47. “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?” – Cast Away
You will also enjoy our article on Catch Me If You Can quotes .
48. “”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky , Rocky Balboa
You will also enjoy our article on character quotes .
49. “You drilled a hole in the dentist?!” – Denise, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
You will also enjoy our article on Moana quotes .
50. “If you were not so stubborn you would make a great queen.” “I would make a great queen because I am stubborn…if that is what I wanted.”— from an exchange between T’Challa and Nakia, Black Panther
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memorable Black Panther quotes for the culture.
You will also enjoy our article on Dirty Harry quotes.
Famous movie quotes to elevate your perspective
51. “Being human is a condition which requires an anesthetic.” – Freddie Mercury, Bohemian Rhapsody
You will also enjoy our article on The Silence of the Lambs quotes .
52. “Dying for the right cause. It’s the most human thing we can do.” — Freysa, Blade Runner 2049
You will also enjoy our article on 10 things i hate about you quotes .
53. “Fire. It is a reflection of our own mortality.” – Dean Armitage, Get Out
54. “When will the lesson be learned! You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth!” – Winston Churchill, Darkest Hour
55. “We Shall Never Surrender.” – Soldier, Dunkirk
56. “All the courage in the world cannot alter fact.” — Niander Wallace, Blade Runner 2049
57. “How many times do I have to teach you: just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.”— Shuri, Black Panther
58. “So if I’m not black enough and if I’m not white enough, then tell me, Tony, what am I!?” – Don Shirley, Green Book
59. “Favor is a breeze that shifts direction all the time.” – Harley, The Favourite
60. “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” – Neil Armstrong, First Man
You will also enjoy our article on Zoolander quotes .
Quotes from famous actors and actresses
61. “Show me the money!” – Jerry Maguire (see more Jerry Maguire quotes )
62. “The only failure is not to try” – George Clooney
63. “Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s not the end of the world and in many ways it’s the first step toward learning something better and getting better at it” – Jon Hamm
64. “After many years of self-flagellation, I’ve realized that beating myself up doesn’t get me anywhere” – Chris Pine
65. “Your regrets aren’t what you did, but what you didn’t do. So I take every opportunity” – Cameron Diaz
66. “I’ve come across many actors like me who didn’t have a backup. That drive & will made it work” – Clive Owen
67. “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it” – Denzel Washington
68. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit” – Morgan Freeman
69. “I’m a big believer in ‘never say never’ ” – Jim Parsons
70. “Be so good they can’t ignore you” ~ Steve Martin
You will also enjoy our article on Batman quotes.
Famous movie quotes to motivate and inspire you
71. “We’re going to be okay. You can rest now.” – Pepper Potts, Avengers: Endgame
72. “Look, talent comes everywhere, but having something to say and a way to say it to have people listen to it, that’s a whole other bag. And unless you get out and you try to do it, you’ll never know. That’s just the truth.” — Jackson Maine, A Star Is Born
73. “Hope is not a strategy.” – Walker, Mission: Impossible – Fallout
74. “When you get a different vantage point it changes your perspective… It allows you to see things you should have seen a long time ago.” – Neil Armstrong, First Man
75. “Who are we if we can’t protect them? We have to protect them.” – Evelyn Abbott, A Quiet Place
76. “It’s not destroying. It’s making something new.” – Lena, Annihilation
77. “I keep telling everybody they should move on and grow. Some do. But not us.” – Steve Rogers, Avengers: Endgame
78. “You want to get out of the hole? First you’re going to have to put down the shovel.” – Agent Rick Dicker, Incredibles 2
79. “Put two ships in the open sea without wind or ride and they will come together.” – Arthur, Aquaman
80. “Good words. Good thoughts. Good deeds.” – Bomi Bulsara, Bohemian Rhapsody
You will also enjoy our article on Tropic Thunder quotes.
Famous movie quotes to motivate you to live your best life
81. “We need people to care about the one life as much as you care about the millions. That way I don’t have to.” – Sloan, Mission: Impossible – Fallout
82. “All you gotta do is trust me.” — Jackson Maine, A Star Is Born
83. “Love is blind, Wade.” – Blind Al, Deadpool
84. “When I drift off, I will dream about you. It’s always you.” – Tony Stark, Avengers: Endgame (also read these Iron Man quotes )
85. “Fortune favors the bold.” – Jim “Miami” Beach, Bohemian Rhapsody
86. “I hope it’s okay if I love you forever, Jack.” — Ally Maine, A Star Is Born
87. “We need to fail. We need to fail down here so we don’t fail up there.”- Neil Armstrong, First Man
88. “Listen to me, it’s important that you learn these things. He just wants you to be able to take care of yourself, to take care of me, when I’m old, and grey, and I have no teeth. Don’t worry.” – Evelyn Abbott, A Quiet Place
89. “It’s nice to be wanted.” – Elastigirl, Incredibles 2
90. “Your mother always knew you were special. She believed… You would be the one to unite our two worlds.” – Tom Curry, Aquaman
You will also enjoy our article on Stranger Things quotes.
Famous movie quotes about life
91. “I love your style. I think we should take more risks.” – Mary Austin, Bohemian Rhapsody
92. “Terrorists are schoolboys hoping to spread propaganda through fear.” Lane, Mission: Impossible – Fallout
93. “Even if there’s a small chance. We owe this, to everyone who’s not in this room, to try.” – Natasha, Avengers: Endgame
94. “I didn’t think of you paying the price for a choice you never made.” – Mr. Incredible, Incredibles 2
95. “Looks aren’t everything.” – Blind Al, Deadpool
96. “We go to the moon not because it’s easy but because it’s hard.” – President John F. Kennedy, First Man
97. “How do you balance the hard stuff with the life stuff?” – Violet, Incredibles 2
98. “If I told you what happens, it won’t happen.” – Stephen Strange, Avengers: Endgame
99. “I came because I have no choice. I came to save my home and the people I love.” – Tom Curry, Aquaman
100. “Everything is possible, even the impossible.” – Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins Returns (see all inspirational Mary Poppins quotes )
Famous movie quotes that are unforgettable
101. “May the Force be with you.” – Star Wars, 1977
102. It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.— Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark
103. “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” – The Godfather, 1972
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Godfather quotes from the iconic movie.
104. “It’s not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.”— Christian Bale as Batman in Batman Begins
105. “You can’t handle the truth!” – A Few Good Men, 1992
106. “So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause.” — Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith, 2005
107. ”Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.” – It’s a Wonderful Life, 1946
108. “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”— Kevin Spacey as Roger “Verbal” Kint in The Usual Suspects
109. “The Dude abides.” – The Big Lebowski, 1998 If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Big Lebowski quotes from the hit comedy.
110. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – The Notebook
Famous movie quotes for all occasions
111. “We are who we choose to be.” – Green Goblin, Spiderman
112. “Only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line that is dotted.”— Alec Baldwin as Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross
113. “This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” – Casablanca, 1942
114. “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”— Al Pacino as Michael Corleone in The Godfather: Part II
115. “To infinity and beyond!” – Toy Story, 1995
116. “Our lives are defined by opportunities even the ones we miss.”— Brad Pitt as Benjamin Button in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (see these Benjamin Button quotes )
117. “I am big! It’s the pictures that got small.” – Sunset Boulevard, 1950
118. “You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours.” – White Queen, Alice in Wonderland
119. “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!” – Wizard of Oz
120. “I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.”— Kathleen Turner as Jessica Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Famous movie quotes that can impact your life
121. “Don’t just fly, soar.” – Dumbo (Dumbo)
122. “A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends.” – Niki Lauda, Rush
123. “You control your destiny — you don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems.” – Merida (Brave)
124. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – Alan Turing, The Imitation Game
125. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” – Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins)
126. “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” – Clarence The Angel, It’s a Wonderful Life
127. “Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it.” – Elastigirl (The Incredibles)
128. “The way it works is, you do the thing you’re scared shitless of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it.” – Archie Gates, Three Kings
129. “Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.” – Merida (Brave)
130. “To find something, anything, a great truth or a lost pair of glasses, you must first believe there will be some advantage in finding it.” – Jack Burden, All the King’s Men
Famous movie quotes that will inspire you
131. “They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!” – Braveheart
132. “So be prepared, be enthusiastic, and leave your bullshit attitude and baggage at the door because we don’t need it!” – Wet Hot American Summer
133. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
134. “You ain’t heard nothin’ yet!” – The Jazz Singer
135. “You complete me.” – Jerry Maguire
136. “I don’t want to survive. I want to live.” – 12 Years a Slave
137. “You make me want to be a better man.” – As Good as It Gets
138. “It’s alive! It’s alive!” – Frankenstein If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Frankenstein quotes about the trueness of humanity.
139. “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.” – The Godfather: Part III
140. “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.” – A Streetcar Named Desire
Clever and famous movie quotes
141. “By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me.” — Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada
142. “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.” — Mary Poppins
143. “From where I stand, the sun is shining all over the place.” — Singin’ in the Rain
144. “No amount of money ever bought a second of time.” – Tony Stark
145. “I’m the king of the world.” — Titanic
146. “The hardest choices require the strongest wills.” – Thanos
147. “Some people can never believe in themselves until someone believes in them.” — Good Will Hunting
148. “Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred Pennyworth
149. “After all, tomorrow is another day.” — Gone with the Wind If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Gone With the Wind quotes sure to have you swooning.
150. “You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.” – Mr. White, Reservoir Dogs
Famous movie quotes to elevate your mind
151. “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.” – Back to the Future, 1985
152. “Nobody makes me bleed my own blood. Nobody!” – Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)
153. “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.” – All About Eve, 1950
154. “This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!” – Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
155. “As my plastic surgeon always said, if you gotta go, go with a smile.” — Jack Nicholson as The Joker in Batman
156. “I’m the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy.” – The Departed (2006)
157. “By protecting others, you save yourselves.” — Takashi Shimura as Kambei Shimada in Seven Samurai
158. “Look at me. I’m the captain now.” – Captain Phillips (2013)
159. “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake.” — Samuel E. Wright as Sebastian in The Little Mermaid If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Little Mermaid quotes that will make you sing under the sea.
160. “With great power comes great responsibility.” – Spider-Man (2002) If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Spider-Man quotes to help you live like a superhero.
Clever and famous movie quotes from
161. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” – Jaws, 1975
162. “Calling it your job don’t make it right, boss.” — Paul Newman as Luke in Cool Hand Luke
163. “If you build it, he will come.” – Field of Dreams, 1989
164. “Try not. Do—or do not. There is no try.” — Frank Oz as Yoda in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
165. “The stuff that dreams are made of.” – The Maltese Falcon, 1941
166. “You had me at ‘Hello.’” — Renee Zellweger as Dorothy Boyd in Jerry Maguire
167. “Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.” – The Pride of the Yankees, 1942
168. “Go ahead, make my day.” – Sudden Impact, 1983
169. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” – Dirty Dancing, 1987
170. “One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don’t know.” – Animal Crackers, 1930
Memorable movie quotes
171. “Ogres are like onions.” – Shrek (2001)
172. “In one of our designs even these mosquito bites will look like juicy, juicy mangoes!” – Bend It Like Beckham (2002)
173. “You’re my boy, Blue!” – Old School (2003)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
174. “We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.” – Best in Show (2000)
175. “I just wanted to take another look at you.” – A Star Is Born (2018)
176. “Hell is a teenage girl.” – Jennifer’s Body (2009)
177. “Ye best start believin’ in ghost stories, Miss Turner. Yer in one.” – Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
178. “For a guy with a four-digit IQ, I must have missed something.” – Limitless (2011)
179. “Put some Windex on it.” – My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)
180. “It’s what it is.” – The Irishman (2019)
Famous movie quotes of all time
181. “I don’t have friends. I got family.” – Furious 7 (2015)
182. “Didn’t I tell you not to come to my house? Nobody touches my child!” – Obsessed (2009)
183. “You have bewitched me, body and soul.” – Pride and Prejudice (2005)
184. “I live my life a quarter mile at a time.” – The Fast and the Furious (2001)
185. “You gotta hear this one song. It’ll change your life, I swear.” – Garden State (2004)
186. “This is how I win.” – Uncut Gems (2019)
187. “I don’t want to survive. I want to live.” — Solomon Northup in 12 Years a Slave
188. “My tastes are very singular.” – Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)
189. “I want to play a game.” – Saw (2004)
190. “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.” — Aibileen Clark in The Help
Famous movie quotes that will lift your mood
191. “I wish I had done everything on earth with you” ~ The Great Gatsby If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Great Gatsby quotes on love and loss.
192. “Some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.”— Arnold Bennett, The Shawshank Redemption
193. “What I really want to do with my life — what I want to do for a living — is I want to be with your daughter. I’m good at it.” ~ Say Anything
194. “You don’t know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself.”— Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
195. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” ~ Hitch
196. “It’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.”— Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
197. “In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you.” ~ Juno
198. “You are what you love, not what loves you.”— Donald Kaufman, Adaptation
199. “It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.” ~ The Fault In Our Stars If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of The Fault in Our Stars quotes from the hit movie.
200. “Don’t dream it, be it.”— Dr. Frank-N-Furter, The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Famous movie quotes to lift your spirits
201. “I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.” – Sense & Sensibility
202. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light.”— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dumbledore quotes on love, life, integrity and socks.
203. “Everything I have ever done, I’ve done for you.” – Great Expectations
204. “A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.”— Roger Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
205. “You’re the first boy I ever kissed, Jake, and I want you to be the last.” – Sweet Home Alabama
206. “The past is just a story we tell ourselves.”— Samantha, Her
207. “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.” – Big Fish
208. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.”— Eames, Inception
209. “Here’s looking at you kid.” – Casablanca
210. “Some infinities are simply bigger than other infinities.”— Hazel Grace Lancaster, The Fault In Our Stars
Famous movie quotes for every geek
211. “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
212. “Oh, Jerry, don’t let’s ask for the moon. We have the stars.” – Now, Voyager
213. “Tell ’em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper.” – Knute Rockne All American
214. “Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into!” – Sons of the Desert
215. “Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.” – Dracula
216. “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.” – Gone With the Wind
217. “A martini. Shaken, not stirred.” – Goldfinger
218. “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!” – Dr. Strangelove
219. “Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!” – Auntie Mame
220. “Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.” – Casablanca
Other famous movie quotes and lines
221. “I’ll have what she’s having.” – Deli Patron, When Harry Met Sally
222. “It’s all in the reflexes.” – Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
223. “We’re going to need a bigger boat.” – Chief Brody, Jaws
224. “Time just gets away from us.” — Mattie Ross in True Grit, 2010
225. “But did you die?” — Mr. Chow in The Hangover Part II, 2011
226. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.” – Kilgore, Apocalypse Now
227. ”I fart in your general direction.” – Frenchman, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
228. “At least you’ll never be a vegetable – even artichokes have hearts” – Amélie Poulain, Amélie
229. “Why so serious?” – The Joker, The Dark Knight
230. “I remember my first beer.” – Brennan Huff, Step Brothers
Famous movie quotes that will make you laugh
231. “Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?” — T ony Stark, The Avengers
232. “What is this? A school for ants?” — Derek Zoolander, Zoolander
233. “If you wear a dress, and have an animal sidekick, you’re a princess.” — Maui, Moana
234. “Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.” — Drax, Guardians of the Galaxy
235. “Can I use the facilities? Because being pregnant makes me pee like Seabiscuit!” — Juno MacGuff
236. “Get that finger out of your ear! You don’t know where that finger’s been!” — Rex Kramer, Airplane!
237. “Ain’t nobody coming to see you, Otis!” — David Ruffin, The Temptations
238. “Fourth wall break inside of a fourth wall break? That’s like… 16 walls!” — Deadpool, Deadpool
239. “I share a drawer with a phone book and she’s got two closets?” — Alex Fielding, Twitches
240. “Donkey, You Have The Right To Remain Silent. What You Lack Is The Capacity.” — Sherk, Sherk 2
Famous movie quotes about love
241. “I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.”— The Wedding Date
242. “You are the perfect verse over a tight beat brown sugar.”— Brown Sugar
243. “You want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.”— It’s A Wonderful Life
244. “I can’t see anything I don’t like about you.”— Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
245. “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.”— 50 First Dates
246. “Some people are worth melting for.”— Frozen
247. “But our love… It’s like the wind. I can’t see it, but I can feel it.”— A Walk To Remember
248. “What I’m trying to say is, I’ve loved you since I was 11, and that shit won’t go away.”— Love And Basketball
249. “I wish I knew how to quit you.”— Brokeback Mountain
250. “Some love stories aren’t epic novels. Some are short stories, but that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.”— Sex And The City
Famous movie quotes from popular movies
251. “Maybe Christmas (he thought) doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.” – The Grinch
252. “Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold.” – Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather
253. “No, I am your father.” – Darth Vader, Star Wars : Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
254. “There’s no one I’d rather be, than me!” – Ralph, Wreck-It Ralph
255. “There’s too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me, by myself.” – Quint, Jaws
256. “If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.” – Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction
257. “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the war room!” – President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove
258. “I am Groot.” – Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy
259. “Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!” – Peter Parker, Spider-man Homecoming
260. “Love is bigger than any tidal wave or fear.” – Bethany Hamilton, Soul Surfer
Famous movie quotes from Disney films
261. “Always let your conscience be your guide” – Pinocchio
262. “Darling, forever is a long, long time. And time has a way of changin’ things.” – The Fox and the Hound
263. “You want something done, you’ve got to do it yourself.” – The Little Mermaid
264. “You don’t lose hope, love. If you do, you lose everything.” – Beauty and the Beast
265. “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength but by the strength of his heart.” – Hercules
266. “Even miracles take a little time.” – Cinderella
267. “It’s important to always look where you’re headed rather than where you were.” – The Lion King
268. “I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.” – The Incredibles
269. “Sometimes our strengths lie beneath the surface.” – Moana
270. “Success doesn’t come for free. You have to do whatever it takes to seize your moment.” – Coco
Famous movie quotes from period drama classics
271. “I’m very fond of walking.” – Elizabeth Bennet, Pride & Prejudice
272. “I may have lost my heart, but not my self-control.” – Emma, Emma
273. “All I want – all I have ever wanted – is the quiet of a private life, but, eh, my mother is determined to see me distinguished.” – Edward Ferrars, Sense and Sensibility
274. “Now I must give you one smirk, then we can be rational again.” – Henry Tilney, Northanger Abbey
275. “Am I a machine without feelings?” – Jane Eyre, Jane Eyre
276. “My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I’m well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff is the eternal rock beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary.” – Catherine Earnshaw, Wuthering Heights
277. “Give him a book and he will read all day long.” – Charles Musgrove, Persuasion
278. “But I have nothing to give you. My hands are empty.” – Friedrich, LIttle Women
279. “You think if you shake me hard enough something profound will come out, but I assure you, I am profoundly shallow.” – Mary Crawford, Mansfield Park
280. “A mother’s love holds fast and forever. A girl’s love is like a puff of smoke – it changes with every wind.” – Hannah Thornton, North & South
Funny Famous Quotes that will make you laugh
281. “You sit on a throne of lies.” – Elf, 2003
282. “It’s just a flesh wound.” – Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975
283. “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” – The Princess Bride, 1983
284. “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.” – Airplane, 1980
285. “You’re killing me, Smalls.” – The Sandlot, 1993
286. “Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.” – The Godfather , 1972
287. “Tina, you fat lard! Come get some dinner! Tina, eat. Food. Eat the food!” – Napoleon Dynamite, 2004
288. “That is my least vulnerable spot.” – Casablanca, 1942
289. “Really, really ridiculously good-looking.” – Zoolander, 2001
290. “It’s like I have ESPN or something.” – Mean Girls , 2004
Famous movie quotes that’ll you love
291. “Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the fairest one of all?” – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, 1937
292. “Houston, we have a problem.” – Apollo 13, 1995
293. “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” – The Wizard of Oz, 1939
294. “I’m already pregnant. So, what other shenanigans could I get myself into?” – Juno, 2007
295. “Scotty, beam me up!” – Star Trek
296. “Which would be worse, to live a monster or die as a good man?” – Shutter Island, 2010
297. “Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?” – The Graduate, 1967
298. “I know who I am. I’m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!” – Tropic Thunder, 2008
299. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” – Gone with the Wind, 1939
300. “That’s a bingo!” – Inglourious Basterds, 2009
Independence Day movie quotes
301. “Everyone’s trying to get out of Washington, and we’re the only schmucks trying to get in.” – Julius Levinson
302. “All you need is love. John Lennon. Smart man. Shot in the back, very sad.” – J ulius Levinson
303. “I picked a hell of a day to quit drinkin’.” – Russel Casse
304. “I have got to get me one of these!” – Captain Steven Hiller
305. “Let’s kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!” – Capt. Jimmy Wilder
306. “Isn’t it amazing how quickly everyone can turn against you?” – President Whitmore
307. “It’s the White House, for crying out loud. You can’t just go up and ring the doorbell.” – Julius Levinson
308. “It’s a fine line between standing behind a principle and hiding behind one. You can tolerate a little compromise if you’re actually managing to get something accomplished.” – President Thomas Whitmore
309. “If we don’t act now, we may not have much of an America left to defend.” – Albert Nimzicki
310. “Look, I really don’t think they flew 90 billion light years to come down here and start a fight.” – Captain Steven Hiller
Famous movie quotes that are funny
311. “These people are so posh and snobby, they’re snoshy.” – Crazy Rich Asians
312. “You sit on a throne of lies.” – Elf
313. “It’d be a lot cooler if you did.” – Dazed and Confused
314. “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.” – Airplane
315. “Look like a bedazzler threw up on that thing . . . donate it to the My Little Pony Motorcycle club.” – Girls Trip
316. “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.” – A Christmas Story
317. “I am serious and don’t call me Shirley.” – Airplane
318. “I’m in a glass case of emotion!” – Anchorman
319. “You relax. You’re the dead guy.” – Ghost
320. “Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?!” – Rush Hour
Famous horror movie quotes
Enjoy these popular horror movie quotes .
321. “You’ve gotta be fucking kidding.” — The Thing
322. “Be afraid. Be very afraid.” — The Fly
323. “Do you like scary movies?” — Scream
324. “The power of Christ compels you!” — The Exorcist
325. “It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.” — The Silence of the Lambs
326. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” — Jaws
327. “I see dead people.” — The Sixth Sense
328. “It’s alive! It’s alive!” — Frankenstein
329. “They’re here!” — Poltergeist
330. “Here’s Johnny!” — The Shining
Famous Movie Quotes For Cinema Lovers
331. “Even the most miserable life is better than a sheltered existence in an organized society where everything is calculated and perfected.” ― Federico Fellini, La Dolce Vita
332. “Actually, kids work harder than adults. But only if you treat them like adults.”
— Heihachi Hayashida, Seven Samurai
333. “You are the first woman on the first day of creation. You are mother, sister, lover, friend, angel, devil, earth, home.” ― Marcello Rubini,La Dolce Vita
334. “You all make great scarecrows. Problem is, the enemy isn’t a bunch of sparrows and crows!” — Kikuchiyo, Seven Samurai
335. “Your enemies always get strong on what you leave behind.” ― Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather
336. “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
337. “Either it’s raining, or I’m dreaming.” ― J im, Jules And Jim
338. “A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
339. “We all want to forget something, so we tell stories. It’s easier that way.” — Commoner, Seven Samurai
340. “No one tells a lie after he’s said he’s going to tell one.” — Commoner, Seven Samurai
Short Famous Movie Quotes
341. “Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho.” ― Hans Gruber
342. “You cut the turkey without me?” ― Gabriel
343. “Boy, that escalated quickly.” ― Ron Burgundy
344. “I’m not even supposed to be here today.” ― Dante Hicks
345. “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.” ― The Captain
346. “I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.” ― Lloyd Dobler
347. “Check out the big brain on Brett!” ― Jules Winnfield
348. “You don’t wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I’m a loner, Dottie. A rebel.” ― Pee-Wee Herman
349. “My whole life is a darkroom. One…big…dark…room.” ― Lydia Deetz
350. “Face it, girls. I’m older and I have more insurance.” ― Evelyn Couch
Famous Movie Quotes from the Most Memorable Movies
351. “We find the defendants incredibly guilty.” ― Jury foreman
352. “Say hello to my little friend!” ― Tony Montana
353. “Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!” ― French taunter
354. “Are you crazy? The fall’ll probably kill ya!” ― Butch Cassidy
355. “I’ll be back.” ― The Terminator
356. “Put. The candle. Back!” ― Dr. Frederick Frankenstein
357. “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” ― Joshua
358. “Are you not entertained?!” ― Maximus Decimus Meridius
359. “Flames. Flames on the side of my face…” ― Mrs. White
360. “That rug really tied the room together, did it not?” ― Walter Sobchak
What were your favorite movie quotes?
Most of us watch films for enjoyment, but movies also have great health and educational value.
You’ll find most films to be not only entertaining but also educative regardless of your social status.
Everyone has a favorite movie.
Hopefully, the above quotes will improve your day and motivate you to reach your full potential.
Which famous movie line resonated with you best?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
March 7, 2023 5:00 AM EST
April 9, 2022 at 10:39 PM
From “Born Yesterday” “The story of my life”…”It’s too long and mostly untrue”.
March 31, 2021 at 10:52 PM
Best thing about getting shot in the butt cheek is the ice cream… Forrest Gump
January 15, 2021 at 8:45 AM
My favourite quote was from the film ANZIO. Robert Mitchum says to a General “War never proved anything history teaches us that, people just like to kill each other. The General’s reply, “that’s a one hell of a condemnation of mankind.
October 6, 2020 at 12:22 AM
You drown not by falling in the river, but by staying submerged in it – Ovi Mahajan (Extraction 2020)
September 18, 2020 at 8:51 AM
You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There is a saying: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
April 5, 2020 at 11:31 PM
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is misery, but today is a gift……*
March 25, 2020 at 6:10 PM
“You gave me peace in a lifetime of war.” Achilles,Troy
May 24, 2019 at 11:52 AM
(paraphrasing) Dyin’s not much of a livin’ boy. Josey Wales, Outlaw Josey Wales
April 3, 2019 at 11:02 PM
The best movie quote: “God bless us everyone” from A Christmas Carol
April 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM
no it isnt stoopid
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
400+ Deep Love Quotes To Best Express Deep Feelings
500+ Short Inspirational Quotes to Lift Your Spirit
200+ Life Quotes To Live By On Success, Love, and Family
Love Quotes for Him To Make Him Feel Like A King
300+ Love Quotes for Her To Make Her Feel Special
Love Yourself Quotes That Will Increase Your Self Esteem
300+ Deep Quotes Inspiring Deep Thought
Love of My Life Quotes Celebrating True Love
300+ Relationship Quotes Celebrating Real Love
300+ Love Quotes For Your Husband Celebrating Him
300+ Quotes by Famous People About Life, Love and Success
400+ Inspirational Quotes For Kids About Success
- MISSION AND VISION
- EQUITY AND INCLUSION
- Board of Trustees
- Senior Staff
- Impact Report
- Louis B. Mayer Library
- Log In to AFI.com
- Log In to FEST Ticketing
- Masters Degree Program
- Innovative Programs
- AFI Life Achievement Award
- AFI Catalog of Feature Films
- Collection at the Library of Congress
- The Robert Osborne Collection
- AFI 100 Years…100 Movies
- AFI 100 Years…100 Quotes
- TEN TOP TEN
- See all lists
- AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center
- Become a member
- AFI Movie Club
- Newsletter Sign-up
- AFI Member All-Access
AFI's 100 YEARS...100 MOVIE QUOTES
- EXPANDED VIEW
How many have you seen?
1. "frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn.".
Gone with the Wind (1939)
Cast: Thomas Mitchell, Barbara O'Neil, Vivien Leigh
Directors: Victor Fleming, Sam Wood, George Cukor, Chester Franklin, James Fitzpatrick
Producer: David O. Selznick
Writer: Sidney Howard, Barbara Keon, Lydia Schiller, Connie Earl
Cinematographer: Ernest Haller, Lee Garmes
Production Company: Selznick International Pictures, Inc.
Composer: Max Steiner
2. "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
The Godfather (1972)
Cast: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan
Directors: Francis Ford Coppola
Producer: Robert Evans, Albert S. Ruddy
Writer: Mario Puzo, Francis Ford Coppola
Editor: William Reynolds, Peter Zinner
Cinematographer: Gordon Willis
Production Company: Paramount Pictures Corp., Alfran Productions, Inc.
Composer: Nino Rota
3. "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."
On the Waterfront (1954)
Cast: Marlon Brando, Karl Malden, Lee J. Cobb
Directors: Elia Kazan
Producer: Sam Spiegel
Writer: Budd Schulberg
Editor: Gene Milford
Cinematographer: Boris Kaufman
Production Company: Horizon-American Pictures, Inc..
Composer: Leonard Bernstein
4. "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
The Wizard of Oz (1939)
Cast: Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger
Directors: Victor Fleming, King Vidor
Producer: Mervyn LeRoy
Writer: Noel Langley, Florence Ryerson, Edgar Allan Woolf, Noel Langley
Editor: Blanche Sewell
Cinematographer: Harold Rosson
Genre: Fantasy, Musical
Production Company: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Corp.
5. "Here's looking at you, kid."
Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Paul Henreid
Directors: Michael Curtiz
Producer: Jack L. Warner, Hal B. Wallis
Writer: Julius J. Epstein, Philip G. Epstein, Howard Koch
Editor: Owen Marks
Cinematographer: Arthur Edeson
Production Company: Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc.
6. "Go ahead, make my day."
Sudden Impact (1983)
Cast: Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke, Pat Hingle
Directors: Clint Eastwood
Producer: Clint Eastwood, Fritz Manes
Writer: Joseph C. Stinson, Earl E. Smith, Charles B. Pierce
Editor: Joel Cox
Cinematographer: Bruce Surtees
Production Company: Warner Bros
Composer: Lalo Schifrin
7. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
Sunset Blvd. (1950)
Cast: William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich von Stroheim
Directors: Billy Wilder
Producer: Charles Brackett
Writer: Charles Brackett, Billy Wilder, D. M. Marshman Jr.
Editor: Arthur Schmidt, Doane Harrison
Cinematographer: John F. Seitz
Production Company: Paramount Pictures Corp.
Composer: Franz Waxman
8. "May the Force be with you."
Star Wars (1977)
Cast: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher
Directors: George Lucas
Producer: Gary Kurtz, George Lucas
Writer: George Lucas
Editor: Paul Hirsch, Marcia Lucas, Richard Chew, John Jympson
Cinematographer: Gilbert Taylor
Genre: Adventure, Science fiction
Production Company: Lucasfilm, Ltd.
Composer: John Williams [composer]
9. "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
All About Eve (1950)
Cast: Bette Davis, Anne Baxter, George Sanders
Directors: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
Producer: Darryl F. Zanuck
Writer: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
Editor: Barbara McLean
Cinematographer: Milton Krasner
Production Company: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corp.
Composer: Alfred Newman
10. "You talking to me?"
Taxi Driver (1976)
Cast: Robert DeNiro, Jodie Foster, Albert Brooks
Directors: Martin Scorsese
Producer: Michael Phillips, Julia Phillips
Writer: Paul Schrader
Editor: Tom Rolf, Melvin Shapiro
Cinematographer: Michael Chapman
Production Company: Bill/Phillips Productions, Italo-Judeo
Composer: Bernard Herrmann
11. "What we've got here is failure to communicate."
Cool Hand Luke (1967)
Cast: Paul Newman, George Kennedy, J. D. Cannon
Directors: Stuart Rosenberg
Producer: Gordon Carroll
Writer: Donn Pearce, Frank Pierson
Editor: Sam O'Steen
Cinematographer: Conrad L. Hall
Production Company: Jalem Productions, Inc.
12. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
Apocalypse Now (1979)
Cast: Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall, Martin Sheen
Producer: Francis Ford Coppola
Writer: John Milius, Francis Ford Coppola
Editor: Walter Murch, Gerald B. Greenberg, Lisa Fruchtman
Cinematographer: Vittorio Storaro
Production Company: Omni Zoetrope
Composer: Francis Ford Coppola
13. "Love means never having to say you're sorry."
Love Story (1970)
Cast: Ali MacGraw, Ryan O'Neal, John Marley
Directors: Arthur Hiller
Producer: Howard G. Minsky, David Golden
Writer: Erich Segal
Editor: Robert C. Jones
Cinematographer: Dick Kratina
Production Company: Love Story Co.
Composer: Francis Lai
14. "The stuff that dreams are made of."
The Maltese Falcon (1941)
Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Gladys George
Directors: John Huston
Producer: Hal B. Wallis
Writer: John Huston
Editor: Thomas Richards
Composer: Adolph Deutsch
15. "E.T. phone home."
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Cast: Dee Wallace, Peter Coyote, Robert MacNaughton
Directors: Steven Spielberg
Producer: Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy
Writer: Melissa Mathison
Editor: Carol Littleton
Cinematographer: Allen Daviau
Genre: Fantasy, Science fiction
Production Company: Universal Pictures , Amblin' Entertainment
16. "They call me Mister Tibbs!"
In the Heat of the Night (1967)
Cast: Sidney Poitier, Rod Steiger, Warren Oates
Directors: Norman Jewison
Producer: Walter Mirisch
Writer: Stirling Silliphant
Editor: Hal Ashby
Cinematographer: Haskell Wexler
Production Company: The Mirisch Corp.
Composer: Quincy Jones
Citizen Kane (1941)
Cast: Joseph Cotten, Dorothy Comingore, Agnes Moorehead
Directors: Orson Welles
Producer: Orson Welles, Sid Rogell
Writer: Herman J. Mankiewicz, Orson Welles
Editor: Robert Wise
Cinematographer: Gregg Toland, Harry Wild, Russell A. Cully, Russell Metty
Production Company: Mercury Productions, Inc., RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
18. "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"
White Heat (1949)
Cast: James Cagney, Virginia Mayo, Edmond O'Brien
Directors: Raoul Walsh
Producer: Louis F. Edelman
Writer: Ivan Goff, Ben Roberts
Cinematographer: Sid Hickox
19. "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
Cast: Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Peter Finch
Directors: Sidney Lumet
Producer: Howard Gottfried
Writer: Paddy Chayefsky
Editor: Alan Heim
Cinematographer: Owen Roizman
Production Company: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc.
Composer: Elliot Lawrence
20. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
21. "a census taker once tried to test me. i ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.".
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Cast: Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Scott Glenn
Directors: Jonathan Demme
Producer: Edward Saxon, Kenneth Utt, Ron Bozman, Gary Goetzman
Writer: Ted Tally
Editor: Craig McKay
Cinematographer: Tak Fujimoto
Production Company: Strong Heart Productions
Composer: Howard Shore
22. "Bond. James Bond."
Dr. No (1963)
Cast: Sean Connery, Ursula Andress, Joseph Wiseman
Directors: Terence Young
Producer: Harry Saltzman, Albert R. Broccoli
Writer: Richard Maibaum, Johanna Harwood, Berkely Mather
Editor: Peter Hunt
Cinematographer: Ted Moore
Production Company: Eon Productions, Ltd.
Composer: Monty Norman
23. "There's no place like home."
24. "i am big it's the pictures that got small.", 25. "show me the money".
Jerry Maguire (1996)
Cast: Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Renée Zellweger
Directors: Cameron Crowe
Producer: James L. Brooks, Cameron Crowe, Richard Sakai, Laurence Mark
Writer: Cameron Crowe
Editor: Joe Hutshing
Cinematographer: Janusz Kaminski
Genre: Comedy-drama, Romance
Production Company: TriStar Pictures
Composer: Nancy Wilson
26. "Why don't you come up sometime and see me?"
She Done Him Wrong (1933)
Cast: Mae West, Cary Grant, Owen Moore
Directors: Lowell Sherman
Writer: Harvey Thew, John Bright
Editor: Alexander Hall
Cinematographer: Charles Lang Jr.
Production Company: Paramount Productions, Inc.
27. "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!"
Midnight Cowboy (1969)
Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight, Sylvia Miles
Directors: John Schlesinger
Producer: Jerome Hellman
Writer: Waldo Salt
Editor: Hugh A. Robertson
Cinematographer: Adam Holender
Production Company: Jerome Hellman Productions
28. "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time goes By.'"
29. "you can't handle the truth".
A Few Good Men (1992)
Cast: Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore
Directors: Rob Reiner
Producer: David Brown, Rob Reiner, Andrew Scheinman, William Gilmore, Rachel Pfeffer
Writer: Aaron Sorkin
Editor: Robert Leighton, Steve Nevius
Cinematographer: Robert Richardson
Production Company: Castle Rock Entertainment
Composer: Marc Shaiman
30. "I want to be alone."
Grand Hotel (1932)
Cast: Greta Garbo, John Barrymore, Joan Crawford
Directors: Edmund Goulding
Writer: William A. Drake
Cinematographer: William Daniels
31. "After all, tomorrow is another day!"
32. "round up the usual suspects.", 33. "i'll have what she's having.".
When Harry Met Sally... (1989)
Cast: Billy Crystal, Meg Ryan, Carrie Fisher
Producer: Rob Reiner, Andrew Scheinman
Writer: Nora Ephron
Editor: Robert Leighton
Cinematographer: Barry Sonnenfeld
Genre: Romantic comedy
Production Company: Castle Rock Entertainment, Nelson Entertainment
34. "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."
To Have and Have Not (1945)
Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Walter Brennan, Lauren Bacall
Directors: Howard Hawks
Producer: Jack L. Warner
Writer: Jules Furthman, William Faulkner
Editor: Christian Nyby
Composer: Leo F. Forbstein
35. "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
Cast: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss
Producer: Richard D. Zanuck, David Brown, William S. Gilmore
Writer: Peter Benchley, Carl Gottlieb
Editor: Verna Fields
Cinematographer: Bill Butler
Production Company: Universal Pictures , Zanuck/Brown Company
36. "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)
Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Walter Huston, Tim Holt
Producer: Jack L. Warner, Henry Blanke
Cinematographer: Ted McCord
Genre: Adventure, Drama
37. "I'll be back."
The Terminator (1984)
Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton
Directors: James Cameron
Producer: Gale Anne Hurd, John Daly, Derek Gibson
Writer: James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd
Editor: Mark Goldblatt
Cinematographer: Adam Greenberg, Chuck Colwell
Genre: Science fiction
Production Company: Hemdale Productions
Composer: Brad Fiedel
38. "Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."
The Pride of the Yankees (1943)
Cast: Gary Cooper, Teresa Wright, Babe Ruth
Directors: Sam Wood
Producer: Samuel Goldwyn
Writer: Jo Swerling, Herman J. Mankiewicz
Editor: Daniel Mandell
Cinematographer: Rudolph Maté
Production Company: Samuel Goldwyn Productions, Inc.
Composer: Leigh Harline
39. "If you build it, he will come."
Field of Dreams (1989)
Cast: Kevin Costner, Amy Madigan, James Earl Jones
Directors: Phil Alden Robinson
Producer: Lawrence Gordon, Charles Gordon, Brian Frankish
Editor: Ian Crafford
Cinematographer: John Lindley, Ricky Bravo
Genre: Drama, Fantasy
Production Company: Gordon Company
Composer: James Horner
40. "My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Forrest Gump (1994)
Cast: Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise
Directors: Robert Zemeckis
Producer: Wendy Finerman, Steve Tisch, Steve Starkey
Writer: Eric Roth
Editor: Arthur Schmidt
Cinematographer: Don Burgess, David M. Dunlap
Production Company: The Tisch Company
41. "We rob banks."
Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
Cast: Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, Michael J. Pollard
Directors: Arthur Penn
Producer: Warren Beatty
Writer: David Newman, Robert Benton
Editor: Dede Allen
Cinematographer: Burnett Guffey
Genre: Biography, Drama
Production Company: Tatira-Hiller Productions
Composer: Charles Strouse
The Graduate (1967)
Cast: Anne Bancroft, Dustin Hoffman, Katharine Ross
Directors: Mike Nichols
Producer: Lawrence Turman
Writer: Calder Willingham, Buck Henry
Cinematographer: Robert Surtees
Production Company: Lawrence Turman, Inc.
43. "We'll always have Paris."
44. "i see dead people.".
The Sixth Sense (1999)
Cast: Bruce Willis, Haley Joel Osment, Toni Collette
Directors: M. Night Shyamalan
Producer: Frank Marshall, Kathleen Kennedy, Barry Mendel
Writer: M. Night Shyamalan
Editor: Andrew Mondshein
Genre: Drama, Mystery
Production Company: Hollywood Pictures , Spyglass Entertainment Group, LP, The Kennedy Marshall Company
Composer: James Newton Howard
45. "Stella! Hey, Stella!"
A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
Cast: Vivien Leigh, Marlon Brando, Kim Hunter
Producer: Charles K. Feldman
Writer: Tennessee Williams, Oscar Saul
Editor: David Weisbart
Cinematographer: Harry Stradling
Production Company: Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc., Charles K. Feldman Group Productions
Composer: Alex North
46. "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."
Now, Voyager (1942)
Cast: Bette Davis, Paul Henreid, Claude Rains
Directors: Irving Rapper
Writer: Casey Robinson
Editor: Warren Low
Cinematographer: Sol Polito
47. "Shane. Shane. Come back!"
Cast: Alan Ladd, Jean Arthur, Van Heflin
Directors: George Stevens
Producer: George Stevens
Writer: A. B. Guthrie Jr.
Editor: William Hornbeck, Tom McAdoo
Cinematographer: Loyal Griggs
Composer: Victor Young
48. "Well, nobody's perfect."
Some Like It Hot (1959)
Cast: Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon
Producer: Billy Wilder
Writer: Billy Wilder, I. A. L. Diamond
Production Company: Ashton Productions, Inc., The Mirisch Company, Inc.
49. "It's alive! It's alive!"
Cast: Colin Clive, Mae Clarke, John Boles
Directors: James Whale
Producer: Carl Laemmle Jr.
Writer: Garrett Fort, Francis Edwards Faragoh, Richard Schayer
Editor: Clarence Kolster
Genre: Horror, Science fiction
Production Company: Universal Pictures Corp.
50. "Houston, we have a problem."
Apollo 13 (1995)
Cast: Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Bill Paxton
Directors: Ron Howard
Producer: Brian Grazer
Writer: William Broyles, Jr., Al Reinert
Editor: Mike Hill, Dan Hanley
Cinematographer: Dean Cundey
Production Company: Imagine Entertainment , Universal Pictures
51. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Dirty Harry (1971)
Cast: Clint Eastwood, Harry Guardino, Reni Santoni
Directors: Don Siegel
Producer: Robert Daley, Clint Eastwood, Don Siegel
Writer: Harry Julian Fink, R. M. Fink, Dean Reisner, Harry Julian Fink, R. M. Fink
Editor: Carl Pingitore
Production Company: The Malpaso Company
52. "You had me at "hello.""
53. "one morning i shot an elephant in my pajamas. how he got in my pajamas, i don't know.".
Animal Crackers (1930)
Cast: Groucho Marx, Harpo Marx, Chico Marx
Directors: Victor Heerman
Writer: Morris Ryskind
Cinematographer: George Folsey
Production Company: Paramount Publix Corp.
54. "There's no crying in baseball!"
A League of Their Own (1992)
Cast: Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna
Directors: Penny Marshall
Producer: Robert Greenhut, Elliot Abbott, Penny Marshall
Writer: Lowell Ganz, Babaloo Mandel
Editor: George Bowers, Adam Bernardi
Cinematographer: Miroslav Ondricek
Production Company: Columbia Pictures
Composer: Hans Zimmer
55. "La-dee-da, la-dee-da."
Annie Hall (1977)
Cast: Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, Tony Roberts
Directors: Woody Allen
Producer: Charles H. Joffe, Robert Greenhut
Writer: Woody Allen, Marshall Brickman
Editor: Ralph Rosenblum , A.C.E., Wendy Greene Bricmont
Cinematographer: Gordon Willis , A.S.C.
Production Company: United Artists Corp.
56. "A boy's best friend is his mother."
Cast: Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, John Gavin
Directors: Alfred Hitchcock
Producer: Alfred Hitchcock
Writer: Joseph Stefano
Editor: George Tomasini
Cinematographer: John L. Russell
Production Company: Shamley Productions, Inc.
57. "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good."
Wall Street (1987)
Cast: Michael Douglas, Charlie Sheen, Daryl Hannah
Directors: Oliver Stone
Producer: Edward R. Pressman
Writer: Stanley Weiser, Oliver Stone
Editor: Claire Simpson
Production Company: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, American Entertainment Partners L.P.
58. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
The Godfather Part II (1974)
Cast: Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton
Producer: Robert Evans, Francis Ford Coppola
Writer: Francis Ford Coppola, Mario Puzo
Editor: Richard Marks
Production Company: The Coppola Company
59. "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
60. "well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into".
Sons of the Desert (1933)
Cast: Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, Charley Chase
Directors: William A. Seiter
Producer: Hal Roach
Writer: Frank Craven
Editor: Bert Jordan
Cinematographer: Kenneth Peach
Production Company: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Corp., Hal Roach Studios, Inc.
61. "Say "hello" to my little friend!"
Cast: Al Pacino, Steven Bauer, Michelle Pfeiffer
Directors: Brian De Palma
Producer: Martin Bregman, Louis A. Stroller
Writer: Oliver Stone
Editor: Jerry Greenberg, David Ray
Cinematographer: John Alonzo
Production Company: Universal Pictures
Composer: Giorgio Moroder
62. "What a dump."
Beyond the Forest (1949)
Cast: Bette Davis, Joseph Cotten, David Brian
Directors: King Vidor
Producer: Henry Blanke
Writer: Lenore Coffee
Editor: Rudi Fehr
Cinematographer: Robert Burks
63. "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?"
64. "gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the war room".
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
Cast: Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden
Directors: Stanley Kubrick
Producer: Stanley Kubrick
Writer: Stanley Kubrick, Terry Southern, Peter George
Editor: Anthony Harvey
Genre: Black comedy
Production Company: Hawk Films, Ltd, Polaris Productions
Composer: Laurie Johnson
65. "Elementary, my dear Watson."
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1939)
Cast: Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce, Ida Lupino
Directors: Alfred Werker
Writer: Edwin Blum, William A. Drake
Editor: Robert Bischoff
Cinematographer: Leon Shamroy
Composer: Cyril J. Mockridge
66. "Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape."
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Cast: Charlton Heston, Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter
Directors: Franklin J. Schaffner
Producer: Arthur P. Jacobs
Writer: Michael Wilson, Rod Serling
Editor: Hugh S. Fowler
Production Company: Apjac Productions, Inc.
Composer: Jerry Goldsmith
67. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
68. "here's johnny".
The Shining (1980)
Cast: Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Danny Lloyd
Producer: Stanley Kubrick, Jan Harlan
Writer: Stanley Kubrick, Diane Johnson
Editor: Ray Lovejoy
Cinematographer: John Alcott
Production Company: Hawk Films Ltd.
69. "They're here!"
Cast: JoBeth Williams, Craig T. Nelson, Beatrice Straight
Directors: Tobe Hooper
Producer: Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall
Writer: Steven Spielberg, Michael Grais, Mark Victor, Steven Spielberg
Editor: Michael Kahn
Cinematographer: Matthew F. Leonetti
Production Company: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
70. "Is it safe?"
Marathon Man (1976)
Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Laurence Olivier, Roy Scheider
Producer: Robert Evans, Sidney Beckerman
Writer: William Goldman
Editor: Jim Clark
Composer: Michael Small
71. "Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet!"
The Jazz Singer (1927)
Cast: Al Jolson, May McAvoy, Warner Oland
Directors: Alan Crosland
Writer: Al Cohn
Editor: Harold McCord
Cinematographer: Hal Mohr, Frank Zucker
Production Company: Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc., The Vitaphone Corp.
72. "No wire hangers, ever!"
Mommie Dearest (1981)
Cast: Faye Dunaway, Diana Scarwid, Steve Forrest
Directors: Frank Perry
Producer: Frank Yablans, David Koontz, Terence O'Neill
Writer: Frank Yablans, Frank Perry, Tracy Hotchner, Robert Getchell
Editor: Peter E. Berger
Cinematographer: Paul Lohmann
Genre: Biography, Melodrama
Production Company: Frank Yablans Presentation, Inc., Dunaway/O'Neill Associates, Inc.
Composer: Henry Mancini
73. "Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?"
Little Caesar (1931)
Cast: Edward G. Robinson, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Glenda Farrell
Directors: Mervyn LeRoy
Writer: Francis Edwards Faragoh
Editor: Ray Curtiss
Cinematographer: Tony Gaudio
Production Company: First National Pictures, Inc.
74. "Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown."
Cast: Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway, John Huston
Directors: Roman Polanski
Producer: Robert Evans
Writer: Robert Towne
Cinematographer: John Alonzo, Stanley Cortez
Genre: Mystery, Romance
Production Company: Long Road Productions, Inc.
75. "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."
76. "hasta la vista, baby.".
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Robert Patrick
Producer: James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd
Writer: James Cameron, William Wisher
Editor: Conrad Buff, Mark Goldblatt, Richard A. Harris
Cinematographer: Adam Greenberg, Mike Benson
Production Company: Carolco, Pacific Western , Lightstorm Entertainment
77. "Soylent Green is people!"
Soylent Green (1973)
Cast: Charlton Heston, Leigh Taylor-Young, Chuck Connors
Directors: Richard O. Fleischer
Producer: Walter Seltzer, Russell Thacher
Writer: Stanley R. Greenberg
Editor: Samuel E. Beetley
Cinematographer: Richard Kline
Production Company: Walter Seltzer Productions, Inc.
Composer: Fred Myrow
78. "Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL."
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Cast: Keir Dullea, Gary Lockwood, William Sylvester
Writer: Stanley Kubrick, Arthur C. Clarke
Cinematographer: Geoffrey Unsworth
79. "Striker: Surely you can't be serious."
Cast: Robert Hays, Julie Hagerty, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar
Directors: Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, Jerry Zucker
Producer: Jon Davison, Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, Jerry Zucker
Writer: Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, Jerry Zucker
Editor: Patrick Kennedy
Cinematographer: Joseph Biroc
Composer: Elmer Bernstein
80. "Yo, Adrian!"
Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burt Young
Directors: John G. Avildsen
Producer: Irwin Winkler, Robert Chartoff, Gene Kirkwood
Writer: Sylvester Stallone
Editor: Richard Halsey, Scott Conrad
Cinematographer: James Crabe
Production Company: Chartoff-Winkler Productions, Inc.
Composer: Bill Conti
81. "Hello, gorgeous."
Funny Girl (1968)
Cast: Barbra Streisand, Omar Sharif, Kay Medford
Directors: William Wyler
Producer: Ray Stark
Writer: Isobel Lennart
Editor: Maury Winetrobe, William Sands
Genre: Biography, Musical
Production Company: Rastar Productions, Inc.
82. "Toga! Toga!"
National Lampoon's Animal House (1978)
Cast: John Belushi, Tim Matheson, John Vernon
Directors: John Landis
Producer: Matty Simmons, Ivan Reitman
Writer: Harold Ramis, Douglas Kenney, Chris Miller
Editor: George Folsey, Jr.
Cinematographer: Charles Correll
83. "Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Cast: Bela Lugosi, Helen Chandler, David Manners
Directors: Tod Browning
Editor: Milton Carruth
Cinematographer: Karl Freund
84. "Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast."
King Kong (1933)
Cast: Fay Wray, Robert Armstrong, Bruce Cabot
Directors: Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack
Writer: James Ashmore Creelman, Ruth Rose
Editor: Ted Cheesman
Cinematographer: Eddie Linden, Vernon L. Walker, J. O. Taylor
Genre: Adventure, Horror
Production Company: RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
85. "My precious."
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
Cast: John Rhys-Davies, Bruce Allpress, Sean Astin
Directors: Peter Jackson
Producer: Barrie M. Osborne, Fran Walsh, Peter Jackson, Mark Ordesky, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, Robert Shaye, Michael Lynne
Writer: Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Stephen Sinclair, Peter Jackson
Editor: D. Michael Horton, Jabez Olssen
Cinematographer: Andrew Lesnie, Allen Guilford, John Cavill, Simon Raby, Richard Bluck, Nigel Bluck, Alun Bollinger, David Hardberger
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy
Production Company: New Line Cinema , Wingnut Films
86. "Attica! Attica!"
Dog Day Afternoon (1975)
Cast: Penelope Allen, Sully Boyar, John Cazale
Producer: Martin Bergman, Martin Elfand
Writer: Frank Pierson
Cinematographer: Victor J. Kemper
Production Company: Arts Entertainment Complex Production
87. "Sawyer, you're going out a youngster, but you've t to come back a star!"
42nd Street (1933)
Cast: Warner Baxter, Bebe Daniels, George Brent
Directors: Lloyd Bacon
Writer: Rian James, James Seymour
Editor: Frank Ware, Thomas Pratt
88. "Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna , go, go!"
On Golden Pond (1981)
Cast: Katharine Hepburn, Henry Fonda, Jane Fonda
Directors: Mark Rydell
Producer: Bruce Gilbert
Writer: Ernest Thompson
Editor: Robert L. Wolfe
Cinematographer: Billy Williams
Production Company: ITC Films , IPC Films
Composer: Dave Grusin
89. "Tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper."
Knute Rockne--All American (1940)
Cast: Pat O'Brien, Gale Page, Ronald Reagan
Writer: Robert Buckner
Editor: Ralph Dawson
90. "A martini. Shaken, not stirred."
Cast: Sean Connery, Gert Fröbe, Honor Blackman
Directors: Guy Hamilton
Writer: Richard Maibaum, Paul Dehn
Production Company: Danjaq, S. A., Eon Productions, Ltd.
Composer: John Barry
91. "Who's on first."
The Naughty Nineties (1945)
Cast: Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Alan Curtis
Directors: Jean Yarbrough
Producer: Milton Feld, Edmund L. Hartmann, John Grant
Writer: Edmund L. Hartmann, John Grant, Edmund Joseph, Hal Fimberg
Editor: Arthur Hilton
Cinematographer: George Robinson
Production Company: Universal Pictures Company, Inc.
Composer: Edgar Fairchild
92. "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"
Cast: Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Ted Knight
Directors: Harold Ramis
Producer: Douglas Kenney, Jon Peters
Writer: Brian Doyle-Murray, Harold Ramis, Douglas Kenney
Editor: William Carruth, Robert Barrére
Cinematographer: Stevan Larner
Production Company: Orion Pictures Company
Composer: Johnny Mandel
93. "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame (1958)
Cast: Rosalind Russell, Forrest Tucker, Coral Browne
Directors: Morton DaCosta
Writer: Betty Comden, Adolph Green
Editor: William Ziegler
Cinematographer: Harry Stradling, Sr.
Composer: Bronislau Kaper
94. "I feel the need - the need for speed!"
Top Gun (1986)
Cast: Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer
Directors: Tony Scott
Producer: Don Simpson, Jerry Bruckheimer, Bill Badalato
Writer: Jim Cash, Jack Epps, Jr.
Editor: Billy Weber, Chris Lebenzon
Cinematographer: Jeffrey Kimball
Genre: Drama, Romance
Composer: Harold Faltermeyer
95. "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
Dead Poets Society (1989)
Cast: Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard, Ethan Hawke
Directors: Peter Weir
Producer: Steven Haft, Paul Junger Witt, Tony Thomas
Writer: Tom Schulman
Editor: William R. Anderson, Priscilla Nedd, Leigh Smith
Cinematographer: John Seale
Production Company: Touchstone Pictures, Silver Screen Partners IV, Witt-Thomas Productions
Composer: Maurice Jarre
96. "Snap out of it!"
Cast: Cher, Nicolas Cage, Vincent Gardenia
Producer: Patrick Palmer, Norman Jewison
Writer: John Patrick Shanley
Editor: Lou Lombardo
Cinematographer: David Watkin
Production Company: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc., Star Partners, Ltd.
97. "My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you."
Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)
Cast: James Cagney, Joan Leslie, Walter Huston
Writer: Robert Buckner, Edmund Joseph
Editor: George Amy
Cinematographer: James Wong Howe, Sol Polito
98. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
Dirty Dancing (1987)
Cast: Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, Jerry Orbach
Directors: Emile Ardolino
Producer: Linda Gottlieb, Mitchell Cannold, Steven Reuther
Writer: Eleanor Bergstein
Editor: Peter C. Frank
Cinematographer: Jeff Jur
Production Company: Vestron Pictures , Great American Films Limited Partnership, Dancing Productions
Composer: John Morris
99. "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"
100. "i'm the king of the world".
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane
Producer: James Cameron, Jon Landau
Writer: James Cameron
Editor: Conrad Buff, James Cameron, Richard A. Harris
Cinematographer: Russell Carpenter
Production Company: Paramount Pictures Corp., Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp., Lightstorm Entertainment
You’ve seen 0 of the 100 ﬁlms quotes of all time.
I’ve seen 0 of the 100 ﬁlms quotes of all time. How about you? find out here:
Thank you for your support.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
- Privacy Overview
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
AFI’s 100 Years…100 Movie Quotes is a list of the 100 top film quotes of all time, chosen by a jury of over 1,500 leaders from the creative community, including film artists, critics and historians. Selection criteria included choosing quotes from American films which circulate through popular culture, become part of the national lexicon and evoke the memory of a treasured film, thus ensuring and enlivening its historical legacy.
The television special AFI’s 100 Years…100 Movie Quotes originally aired on CBS on June 21, 2005.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE BALLOT
Chronologically, the ballot spans from 1927, with the first full-length sound film, THE JAZZ SINGER: “Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain’t heard nothin’ yet!” to 2002 and “My precious” from THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS.
CASABLANCA has seven quotes in AFI’s ballot, making it the most represented film.
THE WIZARD OF OZ is the second most represented film with six quotes.
Humphrey Bogart has 10 quotes on the ballot, the most represented male actor. Al Pacino and the Marx Brothers follow with six quotes each and Tom Hanks, Robert De Niro, James Stewart, Woody Allen and Jack Nicholson are all represented with five quotes each. Funnymen Peter Sellers and Mike Myers each have four quotes represented.
Bette Davis, Greta Garbo, Judy Garland and Vivien Leigh each have four memorable movie quotes on the ballot.
Billy Wilder is the top represented writer with 13 quotes, some co-written with I.A.L. Diamond, Charles Brackett and Raymond Chandler. Frances Ford Coppola has nine quotes represented, with seven coming from THE GODFATHER Trilogy. Mario Puzo, Coppola’s collaborator on THE GODFATHER trilogy, has a total of eight quotes. Julius J. Epstein, Philip G. Epstein and Howard Koch each have seven quotes (all from CASABLANCA), followed by Woody Allen with six and Cameron Crowe, William Goldman and Stanley Kubrick with five quotes each.
1939 is the most represented year with 19 movie quotes. 1942 has 17 quotes and 1980 has 12.
AFI's 100 YEARS...100 MOVIE QUOTES (2005)
List of the 400 nominated movie quotes List of the 100 winning quotes
To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.
0, text: error()">
Let's fight boredom together!
Become a member
0, text: error(), css: errorCssClass">
Please provide your email address and we will send your password shortly.
Please enter your email to complete registration
Activate to continue
Your account is not active. We have sent an email to the address you provided with an activation link. Check your inbox, and click on the link to activate your account.
- More --> More
The Bored Panda iOS app is live! Fight boredom with iPhones and iPads here .
- Success stories
- --> -->